I got my very very cool camera support a couple of days ago, unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to play with it until earlier today. Here are my initial thoughts.
- Sturdy: I put my D700 with AF-S Zoom NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8 lens and SB900 flash on this mini tripod and there is nothing mini about its ability to support heavy camera systems. It handled it without any problems and didn’t give the feeling that it was going to fall over or collapse.
- Well made: its machined gun-metal aluminum with rubberized rings supports are impressive. Look cool too!
- Holds up to a whopping 11 pounds!
- Weighs 1.1 pounds. Won’t break your back.
- Can be used both with or without a third party tripod head, I have a Giottos ball head on mine.
- You can wrap its legs around a pole, tree branch, assistants neck etc… and it will bend anyway you can think, its like a Gumby for your camera bag!
I am looking forward to taking it on the road and putting it to the test. I’ll keep you all posted. You can get more details on this wonderful product by visiting Joby. If you’re interested in getting one, drop me a line and I’ll hook you up.